Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Last Leg of Training

They said that the first day of the first week would be the most trying training days. I dont know how so many people agreed to this idea, but I have realized just the opposite. Im counting down the days until hut movein on November 10th! Although I make a fool of myself in perhaps a time released manner throughout the day, I am learning to speak Pulaar to some degree and melting into this corny joke-telling, greet-happy culture.
I dont mean to alarm anyone at home, but I have passed another small milestone that less fortunate volunteers found much earlier. After reminding chants of Toubob, rocks were thrown by little African schoolboy arms over the cement walls of our garden. No, It doesnt get more intense than that. Noone was was hit or retaliated too greatly. There are two things I seem to dislike more with every passing day. 1. Dirty, Sticky handed annoying children. 2. Rice or all food served to me in general.

Our group of ~50 went to Dakar for paperwork and more important things like putting our pictures on the face of Senegal and indulging in president attributed ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment