Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Site announcement


Finally the blind folds have been removed and our site assignments have been revealed. Literally. I'm going to Kolda! I'll be in the village of Saare Meta.
How exciting. My electricity-free thatch roof hut without running water is going to be... Life altering. or so I expect.
I'm the first volunteer in this village, which is nerve-racking, but also leaves endless project opportunities. Speaking of projects, I think my first means of business has to include installing another well. I have to walk across several compounds and into the med area to fetch water right now. Water, the single most important commodity in my life, is required for the obvious drinking, bucket bathing, and let's not forget watering my baby plants. My strength and sanity will be tested continuously.

1 comment:

  1. My dearest sis, I believe you'll find this fulfilling. It sounds like a big challenge, but I know you will make things happen and you will be more than fine. Warm thoughts and prayers continuously sent towards your direction. Much love, your youngest sis. XOXO

    ReplyDelete