Thursday, January 19, 2012

23rd Trip around the Sun

I brought in my 23rd birthday on an uncomfortable overnight bus out of Dakar. My friend, Andy, and I caught the 10p.m. bus along with a slew of so many other people that all of the "flipdown" isle seats, which do not exist in America because of obvious evacuation concerns, were filled.
Ive always dreamed of the day I could have a birthday on a smelly bus in Africa! Regardless of the stuffy air because the Africans insisted on closing ALL of the windows, the continuous local music in the background (I love my ipod), and the unnecessary stops along the way for both ingestion and excretion of food, I suppose we had a decent trip. We did make it without any mechanical issues after all.
Thank you so very much for all of the birthday wishes from my volunteers and everyone from home!!
Birthday Wish

No comments:

Post a Comment